top bg

Water Meter Repairs

There are occasions when Woodbury utility personnel need to gain access to homes. The most common occurrence is for the repair or replacement of water meters.

Utility personnel should identify themselves and state the reason why they need to gain access. They should be driving a city vehicle and have a picture I.D. in their possession. This I.D. will be presented to any resident who requests to see it. Questions should be directed to the Public Works Department at (651) 714-3720 Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

The city is responsible for repair of the water meter in your home if it is not caused by negligence of the homeowner. If you have a meter that is leaking or not functioning properly, call Public Works at (651) 714-3720 between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to schedule an appointment for repair of the meter. Outside of business hours, emergencies can be reported by calling the Washington County Sheriff's Office at (651) 439-9381. The Sheriff's Department will contact one of the city's public works employees to resolve the problem.