top bg

Vacation Checks

House with lights

If you are going out of town for an extended period, the Woodbury Police Department recommends asking family, a friend or neighbor to keep an eye on your home while you're away. Make sure you've stopped delivery of your newspapers and mail or have them brought them in so they do not visibly pile up while you’re gone. Having someone open and close curtains and setting your light on a timer also makes your home look more lived in. Make sure someone removes snow or mows the lawn, as the season dictates.  

If you are gone longer than a week and do not have someone to check on your home, Community Service Officers from the Woodbury Police Department will make periodic checks of the exterior of your home while you are out of town.   

Complete the form online through the Citizen Service Request or call the Police Department at (651) 714-3600. You will be asked to provide your name, address, phone number, dates you will be gone, keyholder name, address and phone number and a phone number where you can be reached while you are gone. For more information regarding this program, contact us by email to