- Bringing packages in immediately after delivery.
- Having your packages shipped to work.
- Have a neighbor that's home during the delivery window secure the package.
- Ship to the management office if you live in an apartment.
- Use ship to store options when ordering.
- Ship to designated secure pickup locations.
- In-home delivery service; i.e. Amazon key
- Consider home security cameras, such as video door bell.
Residents can also help curb the problem of package thefts by reporting suspicious activity. Look for things like vehicles following delivery trucks or unfamiliar cars lurking in neighborhoods-especially if occupants of such cars are approaching homes. It only takes one phone call to police to identify a prolific package thief.