The following are some tips on how to find the iron monument stakes (survey markers) that mark your property lines:
- Obtain a Certificate of Survey. The Building Inspections office at City Hall may have a copy of the survey on file. email@example.com You can also contact Washington County Property Records for a copy. 651-430-6175
- Measure from the curb to where the property corners should be. This is the boulevard width and is typically 13 feet from the curb, but could be six to 15 feet from the curb. The survey markers are typically under the sod and you may have to dig for them.
- Utility boxes, cable TV boxes, and electric utility boxes are typically on, or near, the property line.
- Rent a metal detector to help you find the survey markers that are buried.
- Log on to Gopher State One Call, or call 811, or 651-454-0002 to have your utility lines marked before digging.
- Hire a surveyor to come out and survey your property. The City of Woodbury does not have surveyors to perform this service.