Want to learn more about careers in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) as an exciting way to serve your community without sitting behind a desk all day?
Woodbury Public Safety's EMS Academy is designed for people who are interested in EMS as a career but haven't had the opportunity to experience the field. In this free, five-session course, you will get an up-close and hands-on look at how the EMS Divisions functions including:
- An overview of the Woodbury Public Safety Department
- American Heart Association certification in CPR/AED and First Aid
- Modern emergency medical trends, skills and training methods
- Hands-on displays and demos of ambulance and special response equipment
- The different components of the Woodbury Public Safety EMS system
Anyone 17 years and older who wishes to learn about the field of Public Safety with an emphasis in EMS and is able to commit to attending all five sessions of the academy is encourage to register.
Academy sessions will take place over 3 weeks, meeting from 6 to 9 p.m. each evening.
Please check back for future dates for our EMS Academy or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.